Sapa – the most famous destination and one of our “must see” attraction in our Northwest Vietnam Motorcycle Tours. You don’t have much time touring in Vietnam but you’re still looking for a short and nice Sapa motorbike tour from Hanoi?! It’s the tour for you! This is 4 day/4 night tour to Sapa by train and motorbikes and it must be one of our best short Vietnam motorbike tours including Sapa! This north vietnam motorcycle tour covers almost beautiful places in Northwest Vietnam including Sapa, Lai Chau, Mu Cang Chai, Lai Chau…The ride is a mixture of on and offroad riding, we can be flexible to make it easier or hard with less difficult tracks or if you like we can also make it a great offroad motorbike tour in Vietnam.
Night 1: Train to Sa Pa
At 8 PM, bus and tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and escort you to Hanoi Railway station. Wake up after 8 hours sleep on the train you will be in Lao Cai Train Station. Get off the train and go straight to the hotel nearby the station.
Day 1: Motorbike Tour to Sa Pa. – 40 km
Get all the bikes ready after the night train. We start the tour at 9.30 AM. The road from Lao Cai to Sa pa is one of the most beautiful passes in northern Vietnam with the most beautiful view of mountain with rice terraces. We will ride up to the attitude of 1600 meters above sea level. In addition, there are some nice villages of the ethnic minorities on the way so we can take many chances to take pictures and learn about Vietnamese colorful culture. Especially, we will take a interesting visit to village of the Red Dzao people in Ta Phin Village, before get to the hotel in Sa Pa. Check in the hotel and have lunch.
In the afternoon, we will really start the enjoyable Sapa motorbike tour to some villalges of the H’mong, Zay or Dzao people who live in some beatuful villages nearby the Sapa town. We can also have a short trek to Cat Cat village of the H’mong people or hiking if you don’t want to ride to much a day. This is really one of the most enjoyable motorbike tours in Vietnam.
Overnight in Sa Pa-Hotel.
Day 2: Sapa Motorbike Tour to Than Uyen. – 150 km
This must be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorbike tour, check out hotel and we continue the Sapa motorbike tour to Than Uyen, we will make a splendid climb up to the top of Sapa on Tram Ton Pass – at over 2000m above sea level. This is one of the highest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam so it could be the most enjoyable motorbike ride in north Vietnam. The ride offers you amazing view of the Hoang Lien mountain ranges for miles and miles. After the pass we can do some fun offroad motorbike ride through some villages of hill tribes before getting the the little town of Than Uyen. We arrive in Than Uyen by 4 PM.
Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 3 : Than Uyen –Mu Cang Chai – Phu Yen – 220 km
We should start the day earlier today because the road to Phu Yen is quite long and especially it offers plenty of amazing mountain view that may take us a lot of time for pictures. Especially, the Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour today to Mu Cang Chai offers you the most beautiful terrace rice fields in Vietnam. The best time to see the rice terrace in this area is from March to September. Besides, we can have a lot of chance to do offroad because there are plenty of fun offroad and single tracks here that can meet fully all the needs of offroad motorbike fans, in addition, we can have some visiting to the H’mong, the Thai and the Muong people. It’s surely the best day of this North Vietnam motorbike tour.
Arrive Phu Yen at 5 PM. Dinner and overnight in Phu Yen – Hotel.
Day 4: Phu yen – Hanoi – 160 km
Today we will have short and relax motorbike ride back to Hanoi. After the Phu Yen town, we mostly take the small roads to cross the mountain and pass through many green tea fields. We will finish the Short but great Vietnam motorbike tour to Sapa in Hanoi before rush hours. Arrive our shop in Hanoi at around 4: 00 pm, leave the bikes there, saying good bye to the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert then we will take you back to your hotel in Hanoi city center by a taxi/bus.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike