Ho Chi Minh Trail Motorcycle Tour – 12 Days
Are you looking for Vietnam motorcycle tours which can show you full view of stunning scenery in the north of Vietnam, historical sites along the Ho Chi Minh trail, colorful culture and beautiful beaches and coastlines in the central Vietnam? This 12 Day Motorcycle Tour Ho Chi Minh Trail is the choice for you! It covers the most interesting parts of the Ho Chi Minh trail and some beautiful places in Central Highlands plus some enjoyable coastlines. It’s for sure one of the best Ho Chi Minh trail motorcycle tours for you!
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 180 km
At around 8:30 am, The Ho Chi Minh Trail Motorcycle Tour starts from our shop in the western outskirt of Hanoi. With other people, the first day is difficult day but for us the first day ride to Mai Chau is the highlight of this motorbike tour. We head up to the west of Hanoi on the free way where the traffic looks busy but you can have safe motorbike ride to move out of Hanoi. After just about 1 hour ride, we will be in the mountain area of northern Vietnam where we can enjoy an interesting motorcycle tour in North Vietnam through some peaceful villages on the back-roads that offer you amazing view of green mountain and rice fields, and remind you about Halong bay. Arrive Mai Chau at about 5:00 pm, stay with the white Thai people on stilt-house in Mai Chau.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Tan Ky: 260 km
After breakfast with the family, we get back on the bikes and motorbike through Mai Chau and then get on the Ma river bank and enjoy a beautiful motorcycle ride through bamboo forest along the winding river bank. We will get to Ngoc Lac town at noon time when the lunch is served at the local restaurant. After lunch, just enjoy an easy and relaxing motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh road to Tan Ky town. Stay in a guesthouse in town.
Day 3: Tan Ky – Phong Nha: 280 km
Tan Ky is known as the starting point of the Ho Chi Minh trail during the war time. From here the Northern communist with food and weapons travel down to the South Vietnam to join the war.
After breakfast, we will keep riding the historical Ho Chi Minh trail down to the south. The ride is almost on the repaired part of the trail but still offers a great view of mountain and the daily life of the local. The motorbike ride on Ho Chi Minh trail in the afternoon must be the highlight of the trip. When we get closer to the Phong Nha National park the ride will be very green and scenic, we will arrive the hotel nearby the national park and If time permits, we will spend 1.5 hour boat ride to the cave nearby the hotel.
Day 4: Phong Nha – Khe Sanh: 220 km
It’s another highlight of this Ho Chi Minh trail motorcycle tours! After departing from Phong Nha town, we will make a turn to join the western Ho Chi Minh trail; known as the hidden trail that the US army did never know and bomb, the western Ho Chi Minh trail offers us the wonderful motorbike ride today: with the length of more than 200 km, this western Ho Chi Minh trail motorbike ride is almost under the Phong Nha Ke Bang national park where the traffic is completely empty. In the late afternoon when we get out of national park we will pay a interesting visit to Khe Sanh – the former important US Marine Base including US Air base, tunnels and new Khe Sanh museum. We will head down to the Khe Sanh town and finish the great day for motorcycle touring Vietnam at about 5:00 pm.
Overnight in guesthouse!
We will leave the Ho Chi Minh trail today to ride along the historical road No 9 along the Dakrong river. The motorbike ride is straight to the eastern side of Vietnam along the 17th parallel where we can visit the Hien Luong bridge – a symbol for the border between the north Vietnam and south Vietnam, Vinh Moc tunnels and where you can have short motorbike ride on coastal roads which offers different view from the ride on Ho Chi Minh trail days before. We arrive Hue at 4:30 pm. Hotel stay.
Day 6: Motorbike around Hue
After the western breakfast in the hotel, you can choose to discover the hidden charm of Hue by bus tour around Hue or take a short motorbike tour in Hue to some beautiful temples, king’s tombs or rustic and peaceful villages. After lunch you can have swim on the beach or enjoy free and relaxing time after a long ride. Dinner is on your own, fell free to discover the Hue cuisine. Hotel stay.
Day 7 : Hue – Hoi An: 160 km
It’s beautiful Vietnam motorcycle tour on coastlines from Hue to Hoi An. After breakfast, get back to the bikes and ride to the coastal outskirt of Hue city, then enjoy the motorbike tour on the coastal roads down to Hoi An. We will cross the Hai Van pass or Cloudy pass – one of the most beautiful passes in the central Vietnam in which presents a great view of mountain and ocean. We will be in Hoi An at 4:00 pm. Hotel stay.
Day 8: Touring around Hoi An
After breakfast in the hotel, we will have short walking tour around the ancient town Hoi An to see some famous attraction in Hoi An such as: the Japanese bridge, Chinese temples, local markets and the traditional houses. In the afternoon you can have your free time at the beach or keep motorcycle touring Hoi An to some peaceful and green villages of the local people who plant the vegetable all year around. Hotel stay.
Day 9: Hoi An – Kon Tum: 210 km
Start the Hoi An motorcycle tour to Kon Tun at around 8:30 a.m. The motorcycle ride today will show you the rural life of locals such as: incense making, basket making village, rice paper making,…and then head to My Son Hollyland where you can visit the ancient Cham Towers and learn more about history and culture of the Cham people. After that we will continue the Ho Chi Minh trail motorcycle tours where we will enjoy the breath-taking nature and visit some of the Churu, Tay and Nung people who live along the trail in central highlands Vietnam before visiting Phoenix Airport and other important bases of the Southern Government before 1975. We will be in Kon Tum at about 5:00 pm. Overnight in hotel in Kon Tum.
Day 10: Kon Tum – Pleiku: 180 km
The Ho Chi Minh trail motorcycle tour today is another busy day with a lot of visits and stops. Firstly we pay avisit to village of the Bana people and then keep motorbike riding to Pleiku where we can enjoy the scenic landscape and the natural lake calls “the Eyes of Pleiku” Sea Lake. Visit rubber plantation and learn what the locals do for a living. Stop at Ede ethnic minority village to experience pleasure with their unique culture,…etc. We will finish the day at about 5:00 pm in Buon Me Thuat town and stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 11: Buon Me Thuot – Lak Lake: 100 km
It’s a relaxing Vietnam motorcycle tour to Lak lake. The ride is short but still offers a lot of interesting things to enjoy along the way. We can see large coffee fields where we can learn how they process the coffee and taste many different types of café in Vietnam or visit the Dray Sap and Dray Nu waterfalls (the biggest waterfalls in Vietnam), or have a short trek to the top of the Elephant Mountain where you can have some great shots of the area’s panoramic view. Arrive the beautiful Lak lake in the early afternoon. Stay overnight in the hotel which faces to the lake.
Day 12: Lak Lake – Nha Trang: 215 km
The last day of the Vietnam Motorcycle Tour on Ho Chi Minh trail is a big day with plenty of stops for picture of the green mountain lake, colorful hill tribes and the beautiful coastlines. Firstly, you can ride elephant or boat to pass the Lak lake to visit M’nong’s village and then enjoy the beautiful motorbike tour on coastal roads to Nha Trang. We will pay some visits to the natural hot water springs, friendly K’ho people, the colorful Cham or some fishing villages. We will be at Nha Trang at 4:00 pm, check in the hotel of your choice, say good bye to the friends of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert then enjoy your relaxing time in the coastal city of Nha Trang.
Tags: vietnam motorbike tours | vietnam motorcycle tours | vietnam ho chi minh trail | motorbike tours in vietnam | motorbike tours north vietnam | motorbike tours in north vietnam | motorbike tours northern vietnam | motorbike tours hanoi
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”